The Director of Business Attraction and Retention for the MOKAN Partnership (MOKAN) is the region's economic development champion. Formerly known as the Joplin Regional Partnership, MOKAN is the regional community and economic development organization for Southeast Kansas, Southwest Missouri, and Northeast Oklahoma.
· New Business Attraction - Manage business attraction pipeline from the Missouri Partnership, including project submissions; compile state and local incentive packages; and manage site visits. Also, develop additional leads through business development and marketing efforts.
· Grow and Retain Existing Businesses - Meet with and assess (at least) annually our existing manufacturing and distribution businesses across our entire region. Continually assess retention risks and communicate concerns to local ED reps.
· Identity and Qualify Industrial Sites - Locate, qualify, document, and market available sites across the region, including compiling infrastructure data and local incentives for each site.
· Market the Communities Served - Attend regional, state, and national ED events, enthusiastically represent our region's opportunities, and report leads generated, action items, and status of the opportunities in the reports described herein. Also, build site selector relationships, manage our website, and MOKAN's database marketing efforts.
· Economic Development Reporting - Build a quarterly MOKAN PARTNERSHIP report for the communities served and the MOKAN board of directors.
Send your resume and contact information to Tonya Sprenkle, Joplin Area Chamber of Commerce, Vice President firstname.lastname@example.org